The Group was incorporated in 1976 and has grown into a well diversified group with seven core businesses.
- 25 May 2016 - Hap Seng Consolidated Berhad completed the acquisition of Malaysian Mosaics Sdn Bhd (MMSB) for a cash of consideration of RM380 million. MMSB is an established and reputable tiles manufacturer under the “MML” brand in Malaysia and the region.
- 29 January 2016 - Hap Seng Land Development Sdn Bhd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hap Seng Consolidated Berhad signed both a shareholders’ agreement and a development rights agreement with TTDI KL Metropolis, a wholly owned subsidiary of Naza TTDI Sdn Bhd to form a joint venture company to jointly develop an 8.95-acre of leasehold land within the KL Metropolis masterplan.
- 25 November 2015 - Hap Seng Star opened new autohaus in Kota Kinabalu's central business district. Hap Seng Star's Kota Kinabalu Autohaus is its seventh Mercedes-Benz Autohaus to date.
- 13 November 2015 - Hap Seng Land officially launched Plaza Shell KK, Its first Grade A office tower in Sabah. A certified LEED-Silver green building, Plaza Shell KK has a total gross floor area of 435,055 sq ft and is developed and owned by Hap Seng Group.
- 9 January 2015 - Hap Seng Land unveiled Menara Hap Seng 2, its latest 30-storey Grade A commercial office and third investment property in Kuala Lumpur’s Central Business District.
- 30 May 2014 - Hap Seng Consolidated Berhad’s Group Managing Director, YBhg. Datuk Edward Lee Ming Foo, was named the 2013 – 2014 BrandLaureate CEO of the Year.
- 16 April 2014 - Hap Seng Star officially launched the largest Mercedes-Benz Autohaus in Malaysia – Balakong Autohaus
- 10 April 2013 - Hap Seng Star opened a new Mercedes-Benz Autohaus in Jalan Ipoh.
- 2 September 2013 - Hap Seng Consolidated Berhad was awarded The Edge’s Billion Ringgit Club’s Highest Profit Growth Company Award for the sector of Trading/Services, Hotels IPC and Technology.
- 14 January 2011 - Hap Seng Building Materials officially opened its first Quarry and Asphalt Plant in Johor – the Ulu Choh Quarry and Asphalt.
- 15 April 2011 - Hap Seng Star opened inaugural Mercedes-Benz Autohaus in Kuching, Sarawak.
- 10 December 2011 - Hap Seng Land conducted ground breaking ceremony for The Horizon Residences, Hap Seng Land’s first luxury high-rise development in the Klang valley.
- 5 August 2010 - Groundbreaking ceremony for the development of Menara Hap Seng 2.
- 4 July 2009 - Hap Seng Stars Mercedes-Benz Kinrara Autohaus received the PAM 2009 Award in the Industrial Building Category.
- 8 August 2009 - Hap Seng Consolidated Bhd, via its subsidiary, acquired a 50% stake in Inverfin Sdn Bhd, the owner of Menara Citibank in Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.
- 1 November 2009 - Hap Seng Land unveiled its maiden “Build-Then-Sell” (BTS) township development at D’Alpinia@Puchong, its first property development project in Peninsular Malaysia.
- 18 November 2009 - Menara Hap Seng won FIABCI Malaysia Property Award 2009 for Office Development.
- 12 November 2008 - Hap Seng Star’s Mercedes-Benz Autohaus won the FIABCI Malaysia Property Award 2008 for the Specialised Project Category and the Industrial Category.
- 16 November 2007 - Hap Seng Plantations Holdings Berhad was listed on the main board of Bursa Malaysia.
- July 2006 - Hap Seng Star opened the state-of-the-art Autohaus in Bandar Kinrara, Puchong.
- January 2005 - DaimlerChrysler Malaysia awarded Hap Seng Auto Sdn Bhd the sole distributorship rights for Mitsubishi Fuso commercial vehicles in East Malaysia.
- 25 March 2004 - Hap Seng Consolidated Berhad acquired MUI Plaza in the Golden Triangle of Kuala Lumpur (It was renamed Menara Hap Seng).
- Established PT Sasco Indonesia to expand the fertilizers business into the Indonesia market.
- Hap Seng Credit Sdn Bhd was established under the name of SKI Leasing Sdn Bhd.
- Hap Seng Building Materials Sdn Bhd was incorporated under the name of Otentik Sdn Bhd.
- 2 August 1978 - Hap Seng Consolidated Berhad (previously known as The East Asiatic Company (Malaysia) Berhad) was listed on the KL Stock Exchange.
- 24 March 1976 - Hap Seng Consolidated Berhad was incorporated.